Sunday, November 18, 2007

Binky-free diary

I should have done this a while back but I kept delaying it, then on last Tuesday, i.e the 13th Nov, the thought crossed my mind again and I've decided to execute my plan to let Dillon wean off his pacifier.

Day 1 - 13th Nov
After listening to my friend, I put a littl bit of 西瓜霜 (watermelon frost spray, an edible medicine for ulcer/sore throat) on his pacifier and when he saw it, he said it's dirty and asked me to wash it; I pretended to wash & give him back, he licked it & still complain it's dirty, then I told him yes it's dirty, why not throw it into dustbin? To my surprise he nodded and he threw the pacifier into the dustbin himself and walked back to his bed. (Hahahaha LOL, it's easier than I thought). Maid said he fell asleep quite late that night & he did wake up in the middle of night crying for his pacifier but she managed to comfort him & pat him back to sleep.

Day 2 - 14th Nov
Maid said he didn't want to nap & was throwing tantrum (he used to nap on his own when given pacifier). Finally at around 4pm, he was too tired and my maid cradle him to sleep. At night, he asked for the pacifier and I reminded him that he has thrown it into the dustbin himself, then he remained quiet. :) The same thing happen as the 1st night as we have expected.

Day 3 - 15th Nov
Instead of 2 naps that he used to have, he only took one nap in the late afternoon about 4pm, but he was no longer crying searching for his pacifier. The best thing of the day was, he slept through the night. :)

Day 4 - 16th Nov
He didn't ask for the pacifier at all and slept through the night as well.

Day 5 - 17th Nov
Same as Day 4, and I can now safely say that Dillon had successfully wean off his pacifier, hooray!! My Binky-free mission has finally accomplished.

Dearest my son, you have made it, mummy is so proud of you! :)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a coincidence!

We have also just gotten our Caitlin off the pacifier!

She turns 3 this weekend; a friend's daughter was quite some ways before 3 when she kicked the habit.

How old is Dillan?

karenyiau said...

Dillon is turning 2 next month, I'm glad that he made it b4 his birthday. :)

In fact we started potty train him a while back & the progress is good!

chanelwong said...

Well done boy...
Big KorKor already...

KK and WS said...

wow...congrats...
Hmm..that's something I should remember if i really need to use this tricks to wean Ern off from pacifier..

Vickylow said...

haha bravo Dilion and your mission is accomplished.

karenyiau said...

thanks chanel.

kk & ws, it doesn't matter what tricks we use so long it works on our kids right? hehe :)

ya vicky, now my new mission is to get him potty trained.

etceteramommy said...

Wow.. that's easy. Your friend's tip works!

jazzmint said...

bravo bravoo...and that was easy. must keep this note. watermelon frost hehe

LZmommy said...

Well done Dillon! :)

karenyiau said...

Ya I really thank my friend who inspired me.

And as a reward to Dillon, I'm gonna buy him a nice birthday gift :)

Lemonjude said...

Bravo for Dillon able to make it. It sounds quite easy to wean off for him.

btw an award waiting for you :)

Anonymous said...

oh congrats! yay! no more pacifier!

凯妈 said...

Bravo Dillon!

karenyiau said...

Thank you all, in fact I'm surprised that he manage to wean off in such short time.

Yay! no more pacifier. :)