Monday, May 14, 2007

Bad temper

Normally Dillon will sleep around 11pm on the same bed with me, where later on I will transfer him to his cot & he will sleep till next morning without fuss. But in the past 2 weeks, he has been so cranky at night & refuse to sleep even it's already 12pm. He just non stop moving around on the bed, & disturb me not letting me to sleep; when I transfer him to the cot, he will be awake in less than 5 minutes & start making noise & wanted to sleep next to me, with his back or face sticking to my chest, really clingy..... Is it because he is more demanding as he grows now or he has sensed that he is going to have a sibling soon???

This often makes me lost my temper & I will scold him & beat his buttock, put away his pacifier & let him cry, but of course later I will comfort him also la, if not how to sleep? I don't know whether it's my hormone changes due to pregnancy or what, I just lost control of myself so badly recently & I hate being like this, it makes me feel guilty after I scolded & beaten Dillon... :<

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi karen,
take it easy and enjoy toddler and your pregnancy :)

etceteramommy said...

It's easy to lose control when one is tired.. Me also.. sometimes just donno what the lil fella wants. Geram!!! :P

Mommy to Chumsy said...

Probably he just want to be closed to you. I did that with Ashley but after a while, she just won't sleep in her cot. I'm too tired to fight with her so I let her sleep with me until morning. Now, she is still sleeping in my bed ;) Don't be too stressed.

Anonymous said...

Yeah..sometimes Brae just cries and cries and I don't know what he wants, end up kena piak piak from me...poor baby!

karenyiau said...

Hi all mummies, looks like I'm not the only one who lost my temper over a toddler... ;)

jazzmint said...

when u are tired, it's easy to loose temper, happens to me all the time

Health Freak Mommy said...

Karen... i used to feel guilty too when I scolded alycia when she was my only child and I was still working then. I hardly hit her. Now that I hv 2 rebellious brats, i no longer feel guilty and bad anymore after hitting or scolding them, ha ha... so bad this mummy. Yes, when u r tired or stressed up, ur temper flares up soooo easily.

IMMomsDaughter said...

My girl is almost 3 and still sleeps with me. So, cannot help you out there..Ha ha...but it's normal to get upset as you are preggie and tired too. Take care and don't smack the little one too often, ya?

karenyiau said...

health freak mommy so it's natural that we all will get use to piak piak our kids later loh? hehe ;P

Anonymous said...

Even me who is not preggy can be very bad temper too and I will always smack Darrius when he misbehave

Mumsgather said...

Maybe he is napping too late during the day? Don't worry too much about losing your temper. We all do. I have a 3 year old and a 5 year old sleeping with me and quite often, I have to yell at them or threaten with a stick or I won't be getting any sleep. Hahaha! Bad example hor me?

karenyiau said...

angeleyes & mumsgather, I feel better now knowing that I'm not alone... hahaha.

Anyway, I hope I don't have to buy a cane, I am reluctant to use that as I've never been caned in my childhood time so I want to keep this good trait in my family, LOL

Yatie said...

ala karen .. that's normal mine when was preggy for 2nd baby my son lagi teruk so cranky but he sleep early and wake early.
I always lost temper. always feel guity and wondering whether I am normal or not.