Monday, May 14, 2007

Down with coughing & cold

I so wanted to drink iced cold Ribena in the past few days, therefore I've made 2 bottles & kept in the fridge & have drank it yesterday afternoon.

Then what happen to me now? Down cough & cold already loh.... sad case isn't it? I've been sneezing & coughing the whole of last night. It was really shiok when drinking the Ribena but now have to take the consequences pulak.... sigh*** Hubby scolded me too because I refuse to listen to him & restrain from cold drinks.

I had cough also when I was 5 months preggy, cough syrup won't help as it was too mild & thus I have to take chinese cough medicine (some sort of syrup too) & then I was healed. This time I'm still thinking if I should do the same, actually I don't want to take any sort of medicine if possible, will I just healed by myself? I'm just afraid it would get worst if I don't start taking any medicine now..... sigh*** what an unpleasant start to the week....

11 comments:

Mommy to Chumsy said...

Oh dear...hope you are feeling better now :) Your hubby is right...try not to take any cold drinks when you are preggy, ok?

Annie Q said...

Hope u get well soon. *sigh* y everyone also sick ar? including me..Every blog i go sure got someone sick..Not mummy than will be baby or kids sick..
Oh ya..cough at night right, u can apply some Vicks on the bottom of ur foot and wear socks to sleep. It's help, i receive an forward e mail from friends and actually two bloggers had said it's does work, no harm to try!Work on adults and kids too!!!

LHS said...

i drink a lot of cold drinks including cola, ribena and take a lot of ABC and ice-cream..i feel very heaty everyday though i know those junk cold things really not good for me..

i had few times of bad cough for this pregnancy, western cough syrup was too mild so i had to visit chinese doctor..

hope you get well soon..

LZmommy said...

Hope u will recover soon...

So your craving is Ribena? It's hard to stop that craving. :) Good thing it wasn't CHOCOLATE! Try to stop for awhile till u recover ya...

Grace said...

Hope u get well soon :) BTW I tag u...

Baby Darren said...

oh...poor you..coughing while pregnant is suffering. I had one last time and when i cough, I'm like coughing the bb out and so afraid I'll break my water bag..

Hope u get well soon!! Boil some lo hon gou..it's good...

karenyiau said...

annie q, I would rather me being sick than Dillon, otherwise more suffering leh.

huisia, the wether is so hot & it's so hard to resist the cold drinks right? haih....

To the rest of mummies, thanks for your concern, I think I will go to see a chinese sinsei asap before it gets worse, western cough syrup won't work on me.

peimun said...

karen, I was like you when I preggie. I did make the Ribena in a Thermos Flask to bring back to office. To make sure it's chill enough, i did put lots of ice cube in it...hahaha

Hope you will get well soon!

CL said...

Hope you are feeling better after visiting the chinese sinsei.

Anonymous said...

Hope you are much better now. Take care ya.

I find sea coconut cough mixture does helps.

karenyiau said...

Ya peimun, I still feel like drinking it even I'm coughing now leh..... ;P

malaika's mummy & jean, I got the pei pa ko with bird's nest recommended by the chinese medical hall last night & after taking 2 dose I feel much better now, hope I'll fully recover soon.