Sunday, May 20, 2007

Craving for mango

Have been craving for Mango in the past week and thus I bought 3 nos on Monday, thinking to eat one on every other day. I'm only craving for the sweet ones & dislike the sour ones. Therefore I have to keep 2 that are not so ripe yet in the rice bucket for a few days & wait for it to ripe, the other 1 I kept in the fridge.

On Tuesday morning when I want to take the mango from the fridge to my office, it is already gone and when I ask my maid, she said my MIL ate it last night after I went to bed. Ok fine, at least I still have the other 2 in the rice bucket, but since it's not ripe yet, I will wait patiently.

On Thursday night, the mangoes finally turned into nice yellowish colour and became soft, I kept them back in the fridge so that I can eat it over the weekend. Guess what then? This morning when I open the fridge, nothing is left there (who else could have eaten it?) I know it's just a small matter but you can tell how furious I am if you also have cravings before; as I'm writing this, I'm still furious but I know I cannot complain my MIL, because it's rude to do so.....So I can only vent my anger here.....:<

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it's me, I would've b*tched in front of my hubby and make him buy more ripe ones and "inform" his mom NOT to eat it.

karenyiau said...

Hi vien, I told my hubby and he said I should have "hide" it nicely since I already knew that his mum loves eating mango almost every night. It even pissed me off more....:<

LHS said...

your hubby should tell his mother la...

anyway, i realized MIL always likes to do it, i have one like your MIL :<

Health Freak Mommy said...

Haha... happened to me b4 too but i very cincai one, just ask DH to buy again lor.

Anonymous said...

I know how pek chek you feel....esp when you been craving and thinking of the food the whole day then in the end didn't get to eat. Next time, bring it to the office to keep....heehee...ripe liao then eat in the office....

But your mil also too much lar hor, eat all...never leave some for others, only one word to describe her lor....selfish.....must zhi tong mah! haiz...heng i don't stay with my in laws...or else die lar!

karenyiau said...

Hi huisia & health freak mommy, it's just very small matter la.

But I was just pek chek, like Jan said at the time when I wanted to eat so badly & it's not there loh ;< Hubby can't understand la, to him is eat today or eat tomorrow also same. Only y'all understand me.... ;>

Lemonjude said...

Next time buy and go home eat immediatedly..

Jeff See said...

haha karen, cool cool .. dun pek chek too much ..no good :)

next time I bring some mangoes fr u .. from my neighbour's mango tree :)

Princess Mom said...

this is a tough one, since you were craving for it

Nina @ BabyBoon said...

Poor poor u... I understand your sentiments exactly. I can never "biatched" about my in-laws also...don't have it in me! Do you have a second fridge in the house? I know it's an expensive indulgence but I'm getting a small, 2nd fridge soon to "hide" things that I want to myself *sheepishhhh grin* seriously la, or else my family always hentam all my food :( They even say my baby drools a lot because when I was pregnant I didn't get to eat the food I was craving for, because my sister or her kids would gobble everything down. Hehe

karenyiau said...

Haih now I calm down already, no more pek chek liao, and I'm eating papaya instead in the office now.

Jeff, when are you sending the mangoes to me huh?

Jeff See said...

not so fast, m still waiting fr the tree to start fruiting, if not mistaken, the tree just planted less than 3 mths ..hehe

Chinneeq said...

i love mango too.....slurp slurp...but dr advice not to eat much :(

CL said...

Comment it loud in front of yr MIL and yr husband, like just accidentally slip out fr your mouth, saying that you are craving for mango. Yr MIL should be seng mok one.

mommy of 3 angels said...

man!! living with MIL is tough la!

karenyiau said...

Actually our relationship has always been fine, it's just these tiny matters that will happen occasionally, no big fight (yet) though, haha ;P

Next time when I'm craving for something, I'd make an announcement to the family, hahaha.